[sdiy] Possible 4 channels scope.. Siglent SDS1104X (-U or -E)

Ben Stuyts ben at stuyts.nl
Mon Apr 5 23:21:37 CEST 2021

> On 5 Apr 2021, at 22:47, Jean-Pierre Desrochers <jpdesroc at oricom.ca> wrote:
>
> I’ve looked some Youtube videos about the X-E and
> it seems to be picky on the triggering..
> Have a look here at 15:40
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kay4Jk2DHuE&t=611 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kay4Jk2DHuE&t=611>s
> Anybody who owns this beast has the same problem on NORMAL triggering .. ?

Dave Jones from EEVblog is always good at finding trigger problems with new scopes. :-)

These scopes are thrown on the market with early (beta?) firmware it seems. But there have been a few updates since. See https://siglentna.com/wp-content/uploads/dlm_uploads/2020/03/SDS1xx4X-E-Firmware-Revise-History-and-Update-Instructions.pdf <https://siglentna.com/wp-content/uploads/dlm_uploads/2020/03/SDS1xx4X-E-Firmware-Revise-History-and-Update-Instructions.pdf>

In januari I have bought an SDS1104X-E for somebody at work, and he’s had no complaints so far. But he uses it mainly for digital stuff, SPI, I2C busses etc.

Ben