[sdiy] Possible 4 channels scope.. Siglent SDS1104X (-U or -E)

Jean-Pierre Desrochers jpdesroc at oricom.ca
Mon Apr 5 22:47:19 CEST 2021

Yesterday I also started to look at some new scopes alternatives..
I found (in my opinion) the Siglent SDS1104X-U or SDS1104X-E to be a good choice..

But 2 things bug me so far..

I’ve looked some Youtube videos about the X-E and
it seems to be picky on the triggering..
Have a look here at 15:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kay4Jk2DHuE <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kay4Jk2DHuE&t=611> &t=611s

Anybody who owns this beast has the same problem on NORMAL triggering .. ?

This will make you laugh but I find its front panel
looks a little ‘Start War’.. And I never loved that much
the new scopes mood of rubber lighted buttons.
I’m worrying about the short life time reliability of these (cheap carbon contacts)
compared to 20 to 30 years old scope..

But this is my humble opinion.