[sdiy] HP 54602B selling on eBay.. DC vertical offsets on some channels or what ??

Jay Schwichtenberg jschwich53 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 5 22:22:23 CEST 2021

I'm not familiar with that model. I've 1000s of hours using scopes
mainly (99.99%) Tek scopes.

What I will say about buying an used scope is unless it comes with a
current (less than a year old) calibration certificate add the bucks it
costs to get calibrated it professionally if you want accurate
measurements. That might get rid of the offset. No you shouldn't need a
short probe to test the offset, no probe should work.

Personally I thing getting one of the cheap digital scopes now days is a
better option. You have digital measurements and bus decoding which make
life a lot easier than having to count ticks and do math for
measurements and manually decode buses.

Jay S.