[sdiy] HP 54602B selling on eBay.. DC vertical offsets on some channels or what ??

ASSI Stromeko at nexgo.de
Mon Apr 5 21:25:03 CEST 2021

On Montag, 5. April 2021 17:10:47 CEST Jean-Pierre Desrochers wrote:
> Anybody owns (or owned) this type of scope ?

I've used a few of this series (not this exact model) over the years.  They're
OK in general, but IIRC they have a fan that gets quite noisy with age.  I've
always found the Tek scopes more intuitive to use than HP, but these are not
so complicated that you don't get used to it quickly enough.

> Looking at the 10th picture showed:
> All the 4 channels are on the screen but it looks to me that
> some of them shows DC offsets (no probes connected..)
> I can see the channel#1 ref dot line completely alone
> but many signal lines are over it..

Well, before I even get to that, the description would have way too many red
flags for me to even consider this offer.  Unless you really want this
particular scope and are prepared to repair any faults it might have, I'd keep
looking elsewhere.

Regards,
Achim.