[sdiy] HP 54602B selling on eBay.. DC vertical offsets on some channels or what ??

Didrik Madheden nitro2k01 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 18:21:18 CEST 2021

I've used the 54600A a lot. (100 MHz, 2 channel version of the same
series.) Over all I can't think of anything bad to say about this
scope.

Regarding the DC offset, it does look a bit high. We can't know which
channel is which, but going by channel 1, at 2 mV/div, the DC offset
is in the range 3-5 mV depending on which trace is ch1. According to
the performance test card in the manual, a voltage of 14 mV should
read within 13.70 mV to 14.30 mV, so 3-5 mV is definitely greater than
0.3 V compound error. This could just be because it has not been
calibrated for 25 years. I suspect it will either work just fine if
you don't need accurate mV readings, or it will be an easy fix. I
would go for it.

On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 at 17:15, Jean-Pierre Desrochers <jpdesroc at oricom.ca> wrote:

> I'm looking for a used 4 channels scopes on eBay.
>
> I have preferences for HP and Tektronix.
>

> Anybody owns (or owned) this type of scope ?
>
> https://www.ebay.ca/itm/124166473008?&ul_noapp=true&autorefresh=true
>

> Looking at the 10th picture showed:
> All the 4 channels are on the screen but it looks to me that
>
> some of them shows DC offsets (no probes connected..)
> I can see the channel#1 ref dot line completely alone
>
> but many signal lines are over it..
>
> Channel#1 at 2.00mv/div
>
> Channel#2 at 5.00mv/div
>
> Hmmm...