[sdiy] Need help about how to service an amp

Mark G mratx at aol.com
Sun Apr 4 00:55:06 CEST 2021

On amps, once you've checked the power supply, one of the best methods is to follow the signal path using the schematic with a signal tester of some kind  (I just use the a wooden chopstick with a capacitor hooked up to headphones.) Start at the input, when your signal stops that's the stage with the problem, and you can focus on troubleshooting that section.

Good luck!

Mark