[sdiy] Moog sequencer 960 analysis.. using external clock.. possible ??

Jean-Pierre Desrochers jpdesroc at oricom.ca
Thu Sep 24 18:09:23 CEST 2020

Is-it possible that there is no way to use and external oscillator (clock)

To advance the stages of the 960 ?

Shift input only add pulses asynchronously to the present (or not) internal
oscillator.

When this osc is OFF, pressing the SHIFT button would (I think) only advance
to the next stage

BUT there are no OSC-OUT square pulses generated (for ADSR) so the user
cannot hear

What the selected stage's voltages are.. (???)

Am-I missing something ?

See the attached partial schematic.

In some situations I need to be able to 'clock' this sequencer externally ..

JP

Description : Moog 960 Sequential Controller schematic 2

Description : Moog 960 Sequential Controller schematic 3