[sdiy] CV outputs from 3.3V and 5V uC systems

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Wed Sep 16 12:57:36 CEST 2020

Why not just use an op-amp on the +/-12V rails to increase the output from the DAC from 3.3V or 5V or whatever you have? It’s only a little bit of gain you need. Of course, the steps between DAC values increase too, but that’s just a question of having enough resolution, which you’d need to do anyway, even with a higher voltage DAC.

Messing around with power supplies is overcomplicating it, it seems to me.

Tom

      Electric Druid
Synth & Stompbox DIY