[sdiy] Push-button Caps (was Re: Jig for measuring resistor values?)

KA4HJH ka4hjh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 23:34:34 CEST 2020

> On Sep 11, 2020, at 6:41 PM, Chromatest J. Pantsmaker <chromatest at azburners.org> wrote:
>
> 3d print new button caps?

Too small for extrusion printing. The two fingers that hold the cap in place and actuate the switch mechanism are rounded and only 1.4mm thick at their widest point. They have to be pretty stiff but still elastic enough to pop in and out to replace a blown bulb. They may also need to be non-conductive but I haven't looked into that yet.

Also, right now three of the oddball light bulbs are blown. Of course, I should replace all five at the same time...

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

"I don't even gargle Listerine. I heard it kills germs on contact and I don't like the idea of somethin' dyin' in my mouth."—Jim Stafford