[sdiy] Jig for measuring resistor values?

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Fri Sep 11 01:39:19 CEST 2020

I just tape down the probes of my DVM to the edge of my bench so that the
two metal bits are about an inch apart and sticking out over the edge, and
then just touch resistor leads to them.  I can still read the stripes, but I
do a lot of hand-selecting for accuracy, and even separate 1% resistors of a
single nominal value -- say, 100k -- into separate bags of 99.5k, 99.6k,
etc.

  _____