[sdiy] Jig for measuring resistor values?

Mike Beauchamp list at mikebeauchamp.com
Thu Sep 10 01:00:59 CEST 2020

Hey Terry,

When I'm putting resistors away after breadboarding, I will just set up
a little area on the breadboard with wires going to my multimeter where
I can plug resistors in to the breadboard and get a fast reading. It's
definitely faster than clipping leads on to each resistor.

I've never been able to read the 1% metal film resistors I commonly use
that have a blue body color. A few manufacturers still do the old
brown/grey body color and big stripes though that are easier to read,
especially in 1/2W packages.

Mike