[sdiy] Matched Transistor Specs

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Tue Sep 1 20:30:11 CEST 2020

As a professor who teaches heat transfer to engineering students, I will
contradict Steve's statement, and say that two transistors in a tiny-ass SMD
package will be at the same temperature within the limits of ones ability to
measure it.  If one transistor suddenly becomes the source of significant
heat, and the other does not, then the hot transistor will heat up the
entire package very quickly, and within, probably, milliseconds, the two
transistors will be at virtually the same temperature.