[sdiy] "Zerolytics"

KA4HJH ka4hjh at gmail.com
Sat May 23 19:24:20 CEST 2020

> On May 11, 2020, at 11:44 AM, Steve Lenham <steve at bendentech.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Ooh - I just received a Dynacord DRP20X (late 80s reverb unit) with a huge hum on the output. There are dropouts visible at 100Hz on the -5V analogue rail, and the input to the 7905 has massive 100Hz ripple. The unit is full of odd bakelite-bodied East German electrolytic caps, many of which have cracks and some of which have stuff leaking from the cracks.
>
> It's a complete mystery what the fault might be - anyone got any ideas?

Have you checked the AC cord? It may have too much non-metallic elemental copper in it. After the war there was some left over from the Nazi flying saucer project. At least that's what Henry Kissinger told me.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

Male voice: "That accident over in Red Sector L destroyed another 63 personnel, giving them a total of 242 lost to our 195. Keep up the good work and prevent accidents. This shift is concluded."—THX 1138