[sdiy] Analogue LFOs with Skew and Sync

ackolonges fds ackolonges at hotmail.com
Sat May 23 08:15:52 CEST 2020

Hi Pete,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I actually have a couple of those Thomas Henry XR-2206 'El Cerrito' VCOs, so I took a look at their output on the oscilloscope to see if they could be repurposed in such a way. Unfortunately in the case of these VCOs the 'skewing' is a rotation of the descending edge of the triangle, resulting in a sawtooth an octave higher, rather than the usual LFO definition of skew, which is a sawtooth on one side, tilting to a triangle in the middle, and a ramp on the other side.

Also running the VCO at LFO frequencies is giving me a quite different shaped waveform, and the sync, while working, is not quite working in the way I'd expect it to work with an LFO (it's disrupting the continuity of the waveform but giving inconsistent starting points). Though these results may be due to my VCOs being out of calibration or something.