[sdiy] chassis-mount screw terminal or alternative

S Ridley spridley1 at gmail.com
Sat May 16 20:32:21 CEST 2020

> In my experience XLR interconnects are not acceptable for power
distribution.

In the broadcast industry, XLR4s are the standard for 12v DC power
connection, and have been for many years.  You'll find them on most high
end (£20K+) TV cameras and a wide variety of OB equipment, and they've
proved reliable, even under exacting outdoor conditions.  Pin 1 is slightly
longer so it mates first and is used for 0v.  Pin 4 is +12v, other pins
allocated as necessary.

I would avoid no-brand XLRs, but Neutrik and Switchcraft are sound.

Steve