[sdiy] chassis-mount screw terminal or alternative

ColinMuirDorward colindorward at gmail.com
Fri May 15 21:13:49 CEST 2020

Thanks Phillip,
Actually the chassis connector is a snap. It's a bit of a bodge, but i
solder it onto a custom PCB and then mount it from the inside, which means
I use the locknut on the collar to affix it to the case. That means I can't
use the locking collar on the cable end, but I've never felt the need since
the fit is nice and snug without it.
Here are some images if anyone is curious:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/va53HQb1geFkh4xw5
https://photos.app.goo.gl/va53HQb1geFkh4xw5

I tried ordering those gx12 cables from elecbee but got stumped in the end
by prohibitive shipping cost to Canada.

Tony, you're right, bigger is better.