[sdiy] chassis-mount screw terminal or alternative

Phillip Gallo philgallo at gmail.com
Fri May 15 00:00:58 CEST 2020

If you remote your supplies (or just the transformer/rectifier/filter
components) the issue of the panel connection has always been problematic
to a degree.

I avoid XLR connectors for reasons stated (the 5-pin being a common format
for unbalanced stereo audio as well as for DMX).
Before getting to proud my alternative is a common audio connector ... the
venerable CB/Base Station MIC panel connector.

[image: image.png]