[sdiy] chassis-mount screw terminal or alternative

Oren Leavitt obl64 at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 13 19:35:52 CEST 2020

On 5/13/20 11:07 AM, ColinMuirDorward wrote:
> Does anyone have a favorite chassis-mount connector? This would be to
> route power from a rack PSU to several 84hp synth cases.
> I was thinking maybe I'd like to try a screw terminal type.
> In the past I've used gx12/3pin "aviation" connectors, but it would be
> nice to not have to build those cables anymore.
> Or is getting behind the rack stand with a screwdriver an even worse
> alternative?

On my first synth I built, I used a couple of 3 pin Cinch Jones S-303
connectors for powering a keyboard controller and a satellite cabinet.
There are better options available today :)

My preference nowadays is to use one small PSU per cabinet.

I do have panels on some of my synth cabinets that have a set of binding
posts for making the power supply available externally.     I mainly use
those for powering breadboarded circuits to test with the synth.

- Oren