[sdiy] "Zerolytics"

Steve Lenham steve at bendentech.co.uk
Mon May 11 17:44:50 CEST 2020

On 05/05/2020 11:31, Gordonjcp wrote:

> You'll never need to "recap" a power supply.  Ever.  Unless you've done something crazy and actually damaged it, of course.

Ooh - I just received a Dynacord DRP20X (late 80s reverb unit) with a
huge hum on the output. There are dropouts visible at 100Hz on the -5V
analogue rail, and the input to the 7905 has massive 100Hz ripple. The
unit is full of odd bakelite-bodied East German electrolytic caps, many
of which have cracks and some of which have stuff leaking from the cracks.

It's a complete mystery what the fault might be - anyone got any ideas?

;-)

Steve L.
Benden Sound Technology