[sdiy] "Zerolytics"

Ben Stuyts ben at stuyts.nl
Fri May 8 18:49:28 CEST 2020

Tantalums have indeed a tendency to explode from high transients. For example: plugging in a module while power is on. Or just a bad contact in the power connector can do it too. Worst thing about them is that they tend to fail short, hence the explosion. Tantalum caps often need a bit of hand holding...

For those interested in the voltage dependency of ceramics, Dave Jones (EEVblog) has a few tutorials and includes some links to app notes here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/blog/eevblog-626-ceramic-capacitor-voltage-dependency-download/ <https://www.eevblog.com/forum/blog/eevblog-626-ceramic-capacitor-voltage-dependency-download/>

Ben