[sdiy] Ladder filters using different different filter topologies.

Ben Riggs benalog1977 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 13:04:11 CEST 2020

Hi List,

Ive resurrected an old post of mine because I stumbled across the document I was looking for. Strange because I was searching for something unrelated and it popped up. It was actually linked on Donald Tillmans blog:
http://www.till.com/blog/archives/2005/03/ladder_filter_v.html <http://www.till.com/blog/archives/2005/03/ladder_filter_v.html>

The actual one that I was looking for all those months ago was this one:
http://www.pat2pdf.org/patents/pat6084470.pdf <http://www.pat2pdf.org/patents/pat6084470.pdf>

I actually built a circuit not too dissimilar to the Alisa-1337 that Sam HOSHUYAMA pointed me towards, and strangely enough is not too dissimilar to Fig.17 in the patent, except with a variable gain cell between the bases of the first filter stage. Mine had I bit more fruit though with 4Pole and VC resonance.

Ben.