[sdiy] Banana jacks similar to thonkiconn

john slee indigoid at oldcorollas.org
Wed May 6 12:58:21 CEST 2020

Google yielded a bunch, like this one:

https://www.caltestelectronics.com/ctitem/91-jacks-banana-jacks/CT3151V1

All the options I've seen are significantly taller than a 9mm pot and also
taller than typical toggle switches. Presumably this is due to nana plugs
being longer than 3.5mm plugs

However... here's a hare-brained scheme from someone that absolutely hates
hand-wiring things, and assuming the worst case where things of varying
heights need to be intermingled, like a Serge panel:

They are sufficiently taller than 9mm and 16mm pots that you might be able
to arrange to have two overlapping PCBs joined by ribbon or similar — one
for your circuitry and "shallow" controls like pots, and another for nanas?
You could have milled holes in the "front" board for the nanas to poke
through from the rear board.

John