[sdiy] "Zerolytics"

mark verbos markverbos at gmail.com
Mon May 4 12:40:07 CEST 2020

I was browsing the Quantec history page  http://www.quantec.com/index.php?id=history#c2280 <http://www.quantec.com/index.php?id=history#c2280>
and they have an entry for their “Zerolytics” power supply technology which raises all sorts of questions for me. Can high value SMT ceramic caps ever perform as well as electrolytics in power supplies? I know that caps in parallel add together, but can putting 19 caps in parallel really substitute for a big one? What about all this stuff about using different values in parallel to catch different frequencies? They claim the whole point is to prevent the need to recap the supply every 5 or 10 years. Is this the solution? I looks to be only possible in a +5 supply, right?

Anyone?

Mark