[sdiy] Getting Started with DIY Synths

ShedSynth shedsynth at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 10:50:42 CET 2020

Hi Lena,

this is brilliant: you’re getting every possible answer to your original question.

Do you have access to any sort of MIDI keyboard?

You might like to look at this:

https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-an-Arduino-sound-synthesizer-with-MIDI/

That could be a good intro to following a circuit, soldering, working with Arduino and generally bodging things together to make a noise.

In fact I was inspired this week by your original message to add MIDI input to a module I built two years ago, and the code from that instructable sounds quite sweet.

This is a safer MIDI circuit, you don’t want to fry a borrowed keyboard:

https://arduino.stackexchange.com/questions/56279/how-do-i-properly-receive-midi-with-arduino-with-6n138

If you don’t want to build an amplifier you can connect to an audio input like this:

https://sensorium.github.io/Mozzi/learn/output/

Al