[sdiy] MIDI 1.0 interrupt Rx implementation..

Jean-Pierre Desrochers jpdesroc at oricom.ca
Fri Mar 27 20:05:18 CET 2020

Still in my quest to understand the best way to intercept

specific Incoming bytes in a MIDI controlled device I carefully read

the actual Complete MIDI 1.0 Detailed Specification.

Mostly all the channel voice messages documentation

that explains Status bytes from 0x8n (Note-ON) to 0xEn (Pitch Bend).

The MIDI specs shows a flowchart on page 93 (A-3)

describing an ‘Interrupt driven routine’ that grabs incoming bytes

and ‘sorts’ them in a FIFO memory to be later processed.

This flowchart is attached here. But I found something not clear

In the middle of this flowchart and highlighted it in yellow.

I’d be very glad if you could tell if these highlighted boxes

were correct or should be corrected with my marks ( >= , >, ??)

Many thanks.

JP