[sdiy] Single chip VCF-VCA & ADSR alternative in 2020 ??

Jean-Pierre Desrochers jpdesroc at oricom.ca
Wed Mar 25 15:08:15 CET 2020

Hi list,

Is there any available IC today that combines VCF, VCA & ADSR features

In a single chip ?

I know the CEM3394 (VCO, VCF, VCA)

And the CEM3391 (VCF, VCA, ADSR) have been out there

for a long period but are they still available ?

And if not does-it exist alternatives ?

I’m designing a 6 voices polyphonic module the would have

-6 CV’s inputs (1v/oct)

-6 VCO audio inputs (VCO’s waves from other modules)

-6 Gate inputs to drive the new module ADSR’s .

So this new module would be a 6 voices poly synth without VCO’s.

The CEM3391 could be a nice IC for the 6  I’d need here..

A good choice ? Or not ?

BTW I’m trying to avoid doing a complete synth circuit out of

separate VCF, VCA and ADSR chips. Too many components..

JP