[sdiy] Crocodile/alligator clips for patching

ColinMuirDorward colindorward at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 16:39:12 CET 2020

Ho Xavier,
I don't know about the contact strength/resistance of alligator clips, but
my experiences this winter with alligators on the breadboard, etc, have
made me really dislike them. They perform very poorly in the cold. The
rubber jackets get stiff and prevent you from being able to open the jaws,
and the joints themselves also become very stiff. IMO bananas outperform
anything that relies on mechanical action to make the connection.
Maybe you'd be fine if it's a warm place you'll by synthesizing in.
Let us know what you decide!
Colin

https://www.instagram.com/colinmuirdorward/
-