[sdiy] MIDI I/O c code..

Jean-Pierre Desrochers jpdesroc at oricom.ca
Fri Mar 20 15:15:23 CET 2020

Looking at my code I remembered this note I put in

To be sure I won’t  forget it:

/*

Voice Message           Status Byte      Data Byte1          Data Byte2

-------------           -----------   -----------------   -----------------

Note off                      8x      Key number          Note Off velocity

Note on                       9x      Key number          Note on velocity

Polyphonic Key Pressure       Ax      Key number          Amount of pressure

Control Change                Bx      Controller number   Controller value

Program Change                Cx      Program number      None

Channel Pressure              Dx      Pressure value      None

Pitch Bend                    Ex      MSB                 LSB

Channel mode messages are a special case of the Control Change message ( 0xBx or 1011nnnn).

The difference between a Control message and a Channel Mode message,

which share the same status byte value, is in the first data byte.

Data byte values 121 through 127 have been reserved in the

Control Change message for the channel mode messages.

Channel mode messages determine how an instrument will process MIDI voice messages.

1st Data Byte      Description                Meaning of 2nd Data Byte

     79        Reset all  controllers            None; set to 0

     7A        Local control                     0 = off; 127  = on

---->7B        All notes off   <------           None; set to 0

     7C        Omni mode off                     None; set to 0

     7D        Omni mode on                      None; set to 0

     7E        Mono mode on (Poly mode off)      **

     7F        Poly mode on (Mono mode off)      None; set to 0

*/