[sdiy] Getting Started with DIY Synths

sleepy_dog at gmx.de sleepy_dog at gmx.de
Fri Mar 13 19:01:05 CET 2020

Am 13.03.2020 um 14:19 schrieb Lena Kolb:
> Yeah, i have a midi keyboard. But midi is quite a good idea. I may
> take a look at a midi controller with faders. Like a mixer controller.
> Do you have some links for that

Well, any sort of requirements? Price range?
I remember the Behringer BC...something, they had some with rotary
encoders, and one with faders, but I believe they were motor faders and
hence not very many.
I can't find something like that anymore right now, all I see is "DAW
controllers" which are geared towards, well, controlling DAWs, and not
so cheap either (for a Behringer product - probably because of motor
faders, which are nice... but low in number):

Ok, floating around used. Not faders but rotary encoders:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Behringer-BCR2000-mit-Zaquencer/283808528500

There'd be enough space to put some printed out stickers for function
names under/above each encoder.

Depending on how much you are attached to your MIDI keyboard (in case of
swap, e.g. buy one, sell the old), or opposed to just getting another one:
There are a lot of MIDI keyboards with quite a number of faders and
encoders and / or pots.

https://www.thomann.de/intl/m_audio_oxygen_49_mk4.htm
https://www.thomann.de/intl/novation_launchkey_49_mk2_b_stock.htm
https://www.thomann.de/intl/roland_a_500_pro_b_stock.htm

Super cheap if it's really only about the knobs, which are probably not
great, but for experimenting...
(and the keys... eat space and are probably crap, but... since the
"lotsa knobs controller box"es I knew aren't a thing anymore apparently...)
https://www.thomann.de/intl/miditech_i2control_37_black.htm