[sdiy] frequency shifter

ColinMuirDorward colindorward at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 03:51:12 CET 2020

Thanks, Matthias.
Looks like the PAL filter used the 3320 to do an APF (and switchable to
LPF). Well, that's exactly what I did. It sounds lovely as a phaser, just
like what you'd expect. It's so easy to build and so much better than all
my digital phasers. Not sure why, but I really find the digitals fail in
this department.
I haven't found a lot of implementations of this APF topology in pitch
shifting applications.
This UAD article opens a new can of worms by introducing the APF type used
in reverbs, which I think is different from the analog/filtering type of
APF, in that it adds a delay component. Anyone, please correct me if I'm
wrong. This is actually another thread topic I've been wanting to start for
ages.*Phaser type APF vs reverb type APF.*
Also, can you explain like I'm stupid the difference between pitch and
frequency shifting? It sounds like a linear vs exponential thing, but must
be more to it than that...

https://www.instagram.com/colinmuirdorward/
-
<https://www.instagram.com/colinmuirdorward/>