[sdiy] OT: uC Development Environments

Ben Stuyts ben at stuyts.nl
Thu Mar 5 12:39:31 CET 2020

About the subject of debuggers: a really nice one and not too expensive for non-commercial use is the Segger J-Link Edu. It is around €50 and supports tons of JTAG and SWD targets (not only ARM). It is supported by CrossWorks that I mentioned earlier, but also by all the other major IDE’s. For commercial work I use a Rowley CrossConnect but it is in a different price category. Doesn’t support AVR though, but I use an Atmel Dragon for that which wasn't too expensive.

https://www.segger.com/products/debug-probes/j-link/models/j-link-edu/ <https://www.segger.com/products/debug-probes/j-link/models/j-link-edu/>

Ben