[sdiy] OT: uC Development Environments

Jay Schwichtenberg jschwich53 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 5 00:08:52 CET 2020

Gordon,

That works. But I would prefer an environment that has some sort of
setup generator.

I've found that typically if you have to write setup code and drivers
for the peripherals you use that can take significantly more time then
writing the application. That being said I usually leave the setup code
alone and don't muck with it when generated. That code is ran once and
just takes Flash. But the drivers I usually get into and clean up, fix
and optimize. Last project I did for work was with a LPC54616 and
MCUXpresso. USB drivers were pretty bad and had to spend 4 days
rewriting and debugging them. Either they had an idiot do them or told
and intern to port something they knew nothing about.

Thanks
Jay S.