[sdiy] Medeli SP4200 local played notes not affected by controllers received via Midi

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Tue Jun 30 22:09:58 CEST 2020

Hi Leo,

According to the manual, the keyboard receives both Expression and Volume messages. But you say those do not affect notes played locally?

(The manual is here for anyone interested, on the “Documents” tab:

https://medeli.eu/products/stage-pianos-and-master-keyboards/sp4200-wh/digital-stage-piano-with-accompaniment.html <https://medeli.eu/products/stage-pianos-and-master-keyboards/sp4200-wh/digital-stage-piano-with-accompaniment.html>
)

It sounds like you might have to use an external volume pedal on the output!

Tom