[sdiy] minimoog keyboard question

Ian Fritz ijfritz at comcast.net
Tue Jun 23 13:14:38 CEST 2020

Neil --

Since it is a constant offset, it should merely shift your overall VCO pitch a bit. So presumably you can make the correction at your VCO front end.

Another interesting observation I made: We are often told that increasing the sampling cap's value will give longer hold times. That is true if the leakage is from the circuit, eg opamp input bias. But I didn't see any difference in my tests. I believe that internal to the cap itself leakage is an intensive property, ie there is something like a leakage current *density*, so the actual leakage *current*  scales geometrically the same way as the capacitance. Anybody know anything about this?

Ian