[sdiy] Minimoog transistor subs?

Eric Frampton eric at ericframpton.com
Fri Jun 19 04:04:37 CEST 2020

Hey y’all -

I’d like to experiment with matching the transistors in my late (s/n 13xxx) Minimoog, and I’m assuming I won’t be able to remove all the TIS97’s and be able to find matches within the set that’s already there. I’ve seen, on the vast and highly accurate (hah!) interwebz, where folks have recommended 2N5088 or MPS8097 in place of the long-gone TIS97, but not sure if one or the other (or either) is valid, and I’m not sure what I’d be looking for on spec sheets to figure it out all by myself.

Anybody been here and done this already?

thanks
eric