[sdiy] Korg M1 keyboard wiring

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Wed Jun 10 18:36:24 CEST 2020

Hi All,

Does anyone have any information on the Korg M1 keyboard wiring? It’s actually a Yamaha keybed, and apparently it was used in a few of their instruments of the same era.

I’ve got one on the bench and only about half the notes play. It looks like a pretty standard matrix thing, but if someone’s already traced it out, it’d save me some time.

It’s a good quality keyboard, I have to say. Both the keybed itself and the rest of the instrument are nicely built, and pretty easy to work on. It’s a shame you have to disassemble so much to get the keyboard out, but never mind. I can’t have everything.

Thanks,
Tom

       Electric Druid
Synth & Stompbox DIY