[sdiy] reverb in csound

Brother Theo brothertheo2014 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 20:46:30 CEST 2020

Yo,
I've been working with reverb programs in csound. The current attempt is a
plate reverb. It turns out 3d animation isn't the only place where there is
an uncanny valley. Let me explain.

In the early part of the dev I had 4 allpass filters in series and was
playing with the settings. The results were fun and very synth-effect-y.
But then I got the whole program working and it sounds crappy. Farther from
a useful effect than the first one. I have reached the uncanny valley of
reverbs, between obvious twangy effect and good sounding reverb there is a
spot where it is kinda crap.

Since my goal is to develop a 'reverb' effect that is more effect and less
reverb, I think it is time to get my head straight and go in a new
direction.

--tr