[sdiy] DIP header/ribbon cable assemblies

Mike Beauchamp list at mikebeauchamp.com
Fri Jun 5 02:02:06 CEST 2020

I just did several ribbon cables today using one of these:
https://canada.newark.com/multicomp/hand-tool/idc-crimp-tool/dp/40C2398

Very easy and fast, no issues so far and had the tool for about 15
years. The only thing I changed was gluing the yellow plastic part to
the tool (it kept coming off).

I also cut the ribbon cable now on a guillotine style paper cutter (saw
this trick in a Strange Parts video), but in the past a nice pair of
straight scissors worked.

Mike