[sdiy] Cleaning scratchy pots

Florian Anwander fanwander at mnet-online.de
Sun Jan 5 22:30:36 CET 2020

Hi

Am 05.01.20 um 20:16 schrieb Ben Stuyts:
> I believe D5 is for switches and F5 is for pots.

Right. D stands for "DeOxit", F stands for "Faderlube".

I use Caig F5 for washing and F100 for "sealing". I desolder the
potentiometer from the PCB, then I apply F5 to the potentiometer and let
it soak the dirt. I let it do so at least for one hour. Then I wash with
F5 and blow the rests out with compressed air. After that I apply F100 (
I have the spray, but F100 is available in a syrinx too, which makes
more sense).

If possible I disassemble the complete potentiometer and do the
procedure on the contact strips directly.

I try to never apply sprays in potentiometers soldered on the pcb.

Florian