[sdiy] MonoPoly SSM2033 Insanity

Randel Osborne randel at redshift-consulting.com
Sun Feb 23 23:21:35 CET 2020

Hello-

I have a MonoPoly on the repair bench that has me baffled.

All oscillators output the appropriate waveforms, but at 32KHz, and don’t keyboard track.

All CVs leading to the 2033 are as expected.

Pin 5 of the SSM2033 is CV in, as per the spec sheet.

Pin 5 is not connected to the circuit board. There isn’t even a solder pad. This is the same for all 4 oscillators.

Pin 5 is not connected to the CV on the schematics, although it comes really close, and looks like it should be.

What am I missing?

Does anyone have any experience with this beast?

Thanks.

-Randel