[sdiy] How to get any TET from your Deepmind12

Ian Fritz ijfritz at comcast.net
Thu Feb 20 02:05:12 CET 2020

Right. To be more precise (picky) this scale is defined by the 9th degree of the scale being a perfect 5th, ie the frequency ratio between steps is 1.5^(1/8) = 1.0520.  This leads to 87.74 CET (called 88 as an approximation) and 13.68 TET. Not any significant audible difference, but check your 5ths don’t have a lot of beating. A great example of this tuning (to my ear) is the clip “88 East” by Seraph on the electro-mus forum.

Ian