[sdiy] LFSR using lookup tables

Jay Schwichtenberg jschwich53 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 19 19:03:02 CET 2020

Agree with John S. it's a classic trade off between memory and speed.

Some processors have hardware in them for random numbers which is
typically a LFSR. So there is that option if need be.

I did some profiling with a standard 32 bit LFSR in C. Found out I could
get a significant speed up using 'register variables' appropriately in C
with my algorithm.

Jay S.