[sdiy] LFO VC Skew?

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Wed Feb 19 09:03:12 CET 2020

Well, nevermind...

I solved the problem of the 40dB.  All I have to do is bias the 2164 VC
voltage up by 660 mV (-20dB) or 1320 mV (-40dB) and decrease the amplifier
input resistor by a factor of 10 or 100.  If I want to use the preferred
30k, then I just have to adjust the LFO integrator capacitor accordingly to
keep the same frequency range, and the 2164 is operating in its happy place.

This is gonna work the first time, I predict.

Of course I could've just used THAT 2162s, which have 60dB of amplification
available, but I don't have any and they're only available in SMD, which I
don't use.  Plus, I've never worked out how to linearize those, because I've
never had to.  Most of my best ideas have come from just limiting myself to
the parts I have on hand and making them work.