[sdiy] LFO VC Skew?

ackolonges fds ackolonges at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 18 09:08:35 CET 2020

Thanks so much everyone for your input.

Those that mentioned digital options - yes indeed it's quite straightforward to implement such a thing via digital means, but I would like to try for the analogue route.

Thanks a lot for that link to the SNICster Ian, that's a heck-of-a waveshaper!

It would indeed be great to find out how the Electrik Multiwaves implements this function, maybe if Vinicius see this he might be willing to let us know his approach.

Also a big thanks to Ben for alerting us to the Wave Morph website. They mention that the VCS3 uses such a circuit, but I was unable to find info on that because the link was broken. He has a hand-written sketch by Don Tillman, that I can't fully parse (does anyone know if anyone ever built that one?), and mentions that Sam Houshu had a design of such a function but that link is also broken. His Wave Morph looks to do just what I'm after, but uses the RC4200, a long out-of-production chip. I'd much rather use the LM13700 OTAs that I have plenty of, or a modern drop in replacement for the RC4200 if anyone knows if such a thing exists. He mentions an OTA version, but alas, another wrong link.

So, I'm waiting with baited breath to see the magic that David has in mind!