[sdiy] LFO VC Skew?

ackolonges fds ackolonges at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 17 15:01:55 CET 2020

Hi All,

I'm a big fan of the 'skew' (sweep from sawtooth, through triangle, over to ramp wave) function of some analogue LFOs and find it indispensable. I would love to be able to CV the skew function though it generally doesn't seem to be an option. Some circuits seem to control skew by having a pot control the balance between current flowing each direction via two diodes with opposite polarity (eg. the MFOS VCLFO circuit, or the Nicolas Woolaston LFO circuit), which seems like a particularly tricky thing to be able to voltage-control.

I was wondering if anyone here knows of any existing circuits which provide that functionality, or have any ideas as to how one may go about making it happen?

Thanks a lot for any input 🙂