[sdiy] 45 vs. 90 degree pcb traces

Jay Schwichtenberg jschwich53 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 15 00:33:22 CET 2020

It was a photo process using high contrast film and photo-resist.

You'd actually use red, blue and black tape on a clear mylar sheet. We'd
also always do our boards at 2X resolution too. Traces on both sides of
the board were done with black tape, one side with red tape and the
other side with blue tape. You'd take the layout somewhere where and
they would make a 1X high contrast film (can't remember if negative or
positive) for each side. They'd use red light to make the black and blue
traces come out on the film for one side and blue light to make the red
and black traces come out for the other side's film.

You'd then take the films and put them on a board with photo-resist,
expose with UV light, etch and plate. Can't remember where in the
process drilling and through-hole/via plating was done.

Jay S.