[sdiy] Selecting a rotary encoder, transistions per detent?

Ullrich Peter Peter.Ullrich at kapsch.net
Sun Feb 9 19:06:15 CET 2020

Hi Spiros!

If you don't want to feel the detents then there is a type from Bourns that has no feelable detents:
I have one here - the number on it is: ECW0D-C24-BE0024
https://www.mouser.at/ProductDetail/Bourns/ECW0D-C24-BE0024?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsWp46O%252Bq11WRlvoT9fwjgNFdAuCR9nSJk=

But as you can read on the mouser page this type is obsolete, but the replacement type is ECW0D-C24-BE0024L:
https://www.mouser.at/ProductDetail/?qs=gtWEBJzYgUi7hR6pf7XUIw%3D%3D

In the same housing/size I have another that has the standard detents that are quite hard. For comparison the number is: ECW1J-B24-BC0024
same here: obsolete part: https://www.mouser.at/ProductDetail/Bourns/ECW1J-B24-BC0024?qs=OfLg%252B8nW%252BlZCYhWdLdU%2FVQ==
replacement part:
https://www.mouser.at/ProductDetail/?qs=Ulw2Wvwv5HrI2ExiO9lNLA%3D%3D

Both have no pushbutton function on the axle.

Ciao
Peter

http://www.ullrich.at.tt