[sdiy] PCB / Panel Manufacture

Ingo Debus igg.debus at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 16:48:20 CET 2020

> Am 08.02.2020 um 16:29 schrieb Vesa Lahteenmaki <vjhl2000 at hotmail.com>:
>
> No thermals on any pads connecting to the ground plane ?  Soldering nightmare.

It's hard to tell, but as far as I can see there are thermals.

I’d keep the ground traces from the center tap of the transformer to the electrolytics C1 and C2 separate from the ground plane. These traces carry all the ripple current. You don’t want that current in a trace that is used for anything else. Also, for the negative supply, the trace goes from the rectifier directly to the regulator and from there to C2. I think it’s better the other way around: go from the rectifier to the cap and from there to the regulator. This way the regulator get a nice clean supply.

Ingo