[sdiy] PCB / Panel Manufacture

mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca
Fri Feb 7 04:45:44 CET 2020

On Thu, 6 Feb 2020, Shawn Rakestraw wrote:
> I should also mention that I am in USA, although that probably doesn't
> matter that much anymore. I do prefer to order things in the US when I can
> though.

If that's a requirement for PCBs (as may be the case, for instance, if
you're a defence contractor), it'll significantly increase the price tag.

> I am asking for any advice at all really. My question begins with who /
> where to order from, but after that I am a bit in the dark about what to
> even ask. I don't know if copper trace thickness should be a concern.

My old Web log article on circuit board shopping doesn't cover all your
questions, but it's a start at least:

   https://northcoastsynthesis.com/news/circuit-board-shopping/

--
Matthew Skala