[sdiy] Reasonable cap replacement policy

Kenny Balys kenny at beatkamp.com
Thu Feb 6 19:28:28 CET 2020

I usually change out the big two or three in the power supply.

For the rest I follow the "don't fix what isn't broke" philosophy.

I repaired a synth that had used 4.7uF tantalums liberally for decoupling. All
of them were suspect as they came from the same crappy batch. All had to come out.
In this case, I knew what I was replacing and why I was replacing it.

Your tech should be able to do the same.